The Greater Jackson Chamber Partnership, located at 201 South President Street in Downtown Jackson, is the leading economic and community development organization in Mississippi's Capital Community. Since its beginning 120 years ago as the Jackson Board of Trade, the organization has played a key role in the growth and development of the economy.
The Greater Jackson Chamber Partnership is a non-profit organization, which was originally chartered on August 23, 1880, as the Jackson Board of Trade and Cotton Exchange. It was established by city of business and professional men in the city of Jackson to promote interests beneficial to individual businesses and the city as a whole. On September 12, 1921, the Jackson Board of Trade changed its name to the Jackson Chamber of Commerce. While formed primarily to serve the city of Jackson, the needs of its Chamber members had changed over 112 years. The Jackson Chamber of Commerce became the MetroJackson Chamber of Commerce in 1992 and expanded its boundaries to cover all of Hinds, Madison and Rankin counties. In 2007, the name changed to the Greater Jackson Chamber Partnership to reflect the growth of the economic development division's area which added Attala, Copiah, Leake, Simpson and Warren.
The Partnership boasts 2,100 members representing more than 200,000 employees in the Metro Jackson Area. Our members range from the sole proprietors to the largest corporations. Our Board of Directors and the Chamber staff are dedicated to enhancing the financial climate of the metropolitan business community by promoting all members with opportunities to expand their business.
Led by a 60-member volunteer Board of Directors, the Greater Jackson Chamber Partnership’s vision is to improve the growth of local and regional industry through the enhancement of the quality of life for all area citizens, the development of strong relationships within the regional community, and to provide tangible economic benefits to member businesses throughout the Central Mississippi region.
Our mission statement is to foster economic growth and to improve the quality of life in the Greater Jackson Area by facilitation and providing leadership to businesses, organizations, governmental entities or other interested citizens.